Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bad Customer Service Example

I just had a letter from Amex telling me they've cancelled my account because I hadn't used it recently. Okay, they were right. I kept the Amex as a second back-up credit card and luckily, didn't have to use it. It was always my third option because most retailers seemed to have bias against Amex reflected in higher surcharges.
Nevertheless, I would have liked to have kept it. If they had sent me a letter suggesting that if I didn't use the card in, say, two months, they would have taken this action, I would have had no problem with that. In fact, I probably would have used the thing a few times just to keep it going. If they'd sent some details of loyalty programs they had on offer, I might have used it more.
Instead, they've created an enemy who tells everyone who'll listen how shabbily I've been treated. How to turn an opportunity into a brickbat...dumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment